Saturday, April 21, 2007

What if...


Here’s some high-level musing for you. Well, if not high level, at least kinda abstract.

“What if the world needs to be
pretty much the way it is?”

What if most of the things we agonize about are the unpleasant results of a process which needs to be much as it has always been in order for anything at all to work?

I remember being struck by St. Paul’s assertion that “the last enemy is death”. Of course, much religion is an attempt to overcome death. But without death, the universe could not exist. Death is a requirement of its existence. Certainly this is the case on earth. It is personally inconvenient, of course, but it is a structural requirement for life. This reminds me of another musing I had, in another life…

“What if, in order to enjoy what you love most,
you must accept and even embrace,
what you most hate?”


As you can see, I haven’t had my coffee yet this morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...