Friday, May 25, 2007

Degrees of separation


Three American soldiers were captured by the Muslim jihadis this month. And the battered body of one of them was recently found in the Euphrates River. He was Pfc Joseph Anzac. I doubt that the fate of the other two will be better.

It turns out that my Marine cyberfriend knows someone who knew him. He sent me some pictures he got. So I now have a kind of three-degrees-of-separation connection to him.

I have been thinking about these three a lot, --my stomach knows how much-- and now mostly about Joseph Anzac. I can't say anything else. I get too wrought up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know the address of the ex-Marine's blog.

OreamnosAmericanus said...

If you leave an email, I'll send it to you. And a point of language that I've learned: if a Marine leaves service honorably, as he has, then the preferred term is "former Marine". Ex-Marine seems to be reserved for expelled folks. A funny kind of USMC PC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...