Sunday, September 16, 2007

Men in love


I saw Brokeback Mountain tonight at the Castro Theatre, part of Gay Rodeo Weekend. I have seen this wonderful flick numerous times. Tonight what struck me was the emptiness in the film: empty spaces in nature, between people, inside people. As usual, the scene where Innis finds the shirts makes my chest tighten and brings tears to my eyes. Lost opportunity. Failure of imagination and nerve.

When I got home, I checked out my blog list and found a description of the anniversary celebration which A and MJ had. Two Marines, both severely wounded and still unable to live independently, marking their years together. My chest tightens and tears come to my eyes. Here we have an opportunity welcomed, abundance of imagination and nerve. Men --admirable and honorable men-- in love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...