Monday, April 07, 2008

Cultural fag lag


I was going to post about one of my pet peeves: how young women (and too many gay men) talk. Their intonation. So I went in search of the old 1982 Moon Zappa song, Valley Girl. Found it on YouTube, of course. But part of it was obscure to my hearing, so I found the lyrics. And discovered this:

Its really sad
Like my english teacher
Hes like...
Hes like mr. bu-fu
Were talking lord God king bu-fu
I am so sure
Hes like so gross
He like sits there and like plays with all his rings
And he like flirts with all the guys in the class
Its like totally disgusting
Im like so sure
Its like barf me out...
Gag me with a spoon!

Butt-fucker.
Who knew?

I have a friend who has decided that I have been living in a cultural backwater.
More evidence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a friend who is really trying to help you. It appears to be a bigger job than anyone could imagine--you know, like retrofitting the Colossus of Rhodes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...