Monday, August 04, 2008

Queer


Why have the transgenders become so powerful in gay politics?
A teeny tiny minority, even smaller than the maybe 3% of us who are homos.

My rejection of the sexual Yugoslavia known as the LGBT community is clear.
Talk about a sexual identity which is "merely" socially constructed.
With Elmer's glue.

I am a man, genetically, physically, psychically, etc.
And I am attracted to other men.
Ergo, homo.

Transgenders are genetically and physically men or women
who decide that they are psychically the other gender
and arrange to have their physiques altered chemically and surgically
to achieve an approximation of maleness or femaleness.

What do we have in common?
Most transgenders are straight,
interested in the sex opposite to the sex they identify with
and go through such trouble to approximate,
becoming not men or women, but
transmen and transwomen.

Some things you can't make true by wishing.
If I decide that, despite my extremely Caucasian genes,
(and I have the visible blush and the years of sunburn to prove it),
I am really an African, I can have surgery and dye myself
but no one, no one, will take me seriously.
If you can change your gender, why not your race?

Some of these folks demand to be seen as men or women
and assert, amazingly, that what your genitalia look like
has nothing to do with it. Yeah, well, I demand to be seen
as African-American and what my genes and skin look like
should have nothing to do with it.

What's next? What new victim class can we kowtow to
in order to keep our self-righteous outrage hot and our
legislative lobbyists in business?

Why do we not also include straight male transvestites,
who are not interested in sex with men,
even though they get a thrill dressing like women?

Why not include effeminate heterosexual males
or mannish heterosexual females?
Why be so exclusive?

What crap.

PS. The first transgendered guy I ever met was by far
the most sane and balanced. Since then, I have met,
lived near, hired and worked with FTMs and MTFs.
Some quite ok, some deeply deeply damaged.

Delicious irony. One place I worked had a Wymyn's
Caucus full of Lesbians, who were like hawks about all
forms of discrimination, exclusivity, hierarchy and other
patriarchal evils. I hired an MTF, who wanted to take part.
The genetic females didn't want "her" and asked me,
the White Male Boss, to exclude "her" because "she"
did not share "the full female experience". I went to my
office, closed the door, and laughed my ass off. And
declined to help them. Talk about Schadenfreude.

Irony Two. Most transgender ideology rages against
the regime of sexual dimorphism, the ludicrous (!) notion
that there are only two genders. But who are transgenders
but people who are so gripped and possessed by sexual
dimorphism that they subject themselves to vastly costly,
painful medical treatment and social oddity in order to
possess precisely what their ideology tells them is a phantom?
Again, what crap.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...