Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The wrath of God



A couple of springs ago, in 2006 I think, a whole series of things went wrong one month. I smashed a tendon in my thumb, developed a molar infection that required a root canal, had expensive car trouble, I put my back out, trouble at work and I forget what else. I handled it with admirable aplomb until someone took a parking space I was aiming at and I exploded at them...only to find it was one of my staff.

My mother said to me, Well, maybe the Lord is testing you. I replied to her, No, mom, the Lord is not testing me. The Lord is fucking with me.

Well, He's at it again.

Not only did Barack Hussein Obama win the election, but the economy and my 401K decided to melt down just after I took the biggest financial risk I can remember.

I am negotiating a big shift in a major relationship very important to me.

My decennial sigmoidoscopy was declared incomplete and I have to do it again.

I have put my back out and sprained my knee so that my gym routine is sidetracked and my bod is not feeling as frisky as I did last summer.

I am about to age another year in three weeks.

Due to financial stress, I have no sound system in my recently broken-into-yet again car.

Then my laptop's electrical connection broke yesterday and I discovered that it has to be sent to the manufacturer for three weeks! and if the warranty doesn't hold, a couple hundred bucks repair.

I woke up for three whole hours in the middle of the night, prime time for catastrophic thinking.

Then. Then.

While I am having a Bad Day but trying to cope bravely, the neighbor's cat comes to visit and has rancidly foul-smelling diarrhea all over my bedspread.

God hates me, clearly, and today I don't blame Him.

I feel as if every flaw in my flawed character is in wide-screen technicolor.

TMI? I don't care.

____________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...