Monday, January 04, 2010

Same ole same ole




It is funny that my self-involved post garnered two positive comments from Anonymouses. Be they serious or ironic, I don't know. Because I find myself way less interesting and interested in blogging. Reason? I think I have pretty well said what I have to say and am repeating myself.

Now repetition is not new for me. My Guy refers to my "magical anecdotes that always get better on second or third telling." And who is a constant source of novel insight? Unless you have multiple personality disorder, some consistency of character will naturally lead to repetition. Without it, there's effervescent chaos.

The political world is so depressing that my posts about it have been brief and I have put more of my personal life into the blog, as well as talking about sex more. These have not struck me as leaps in creativity but rather as distractions, ways to avoid nothing but ranting.

But I think that my response to most things is, at this point, predictable. The eternal return of the same, as Nietzsche would say.

I am under no illusion that this blog has tons of readers, so whether or not I post and what I say is pretty much an exercise in self-soothing (and a mercy to my friends, who do not have to listen to me in person.)

I shall probably sputter on. After all, even if it does little good, what harm can it do?

___________________

2 comments:

PNWReader said...

Only discovered your blog about a month and a half ago -- can't even remember how at this point. By now I'm working on a pretty serious mancrush that's entirely via your writings. And I doubt I'm the only one.

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Wow, PNWReader...what a great compliment. Suddenly I may have found the motivation to carry on :)
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...