Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hmmm


I am not economically gifted, but have asked myself this question of late. "Who is it that creates wealth?"

I have never created any wealth in my life. Aside from a summer job where I delivered furniture, my work life has consisted either in A) talking to people in order to enlighten them and/or improve their quality of life or B) managing organizations that A) talk to people in order to enlighten them and/or improve their quality of life.

Whatever I have earned in salary has been money related to sources of wealth that someone else has created.

A closing thought. If you can identify who it is that creates wealth, you really ought to treat them very well, 'cause with out them, the rest of us have nothing.

____________________

1 comment:

GW said...

That is one of, if not the, fundamental issue in our economy today. If you look at the stimulus, $21 billion, 2.6% of it, went to small business loans. Something over $250 billion went to keep public sector employees in their jobs. It put off the pain of the recession for them and kept Democrats most important power base, the unions, in the green. For what it's worth, I wrote pretty extensively on this recently at http://wolfhowling.blogspot.com/2010/02/public-sector-unions-toxin-crisis.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...