Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Am I smarter than I think?


I have always remembered my IQ score as 130. My nephew recently scored 156, and as I was telling my mom that he was then 26 points smarter, she said, no, your IQ when we had it done in grade school was 142.

Now I feel like even more of an underachiever!

_________________________

PS. IQ is important, but I know, as a smartypants of either 130 or 142 with five university degrees, that there are lots of other qualities that make even more significant differences in life. My brain can hold lots of information (of certain types) and it processes very very fast. Language stuff especially. When it comes to math, though, no smarty I.

High IQ also does not, for instance, mean that you are good with money. Trust me.

3 comments:

Rodrigo de la Jamon said...

You are 'very superior' according to your IQ. Anecdotally, many of the 'very superior' IQ's I've come in contact with over the years become 'normal dull' in social situations.

Since we have never met and I don't know who you are and I have read your site, 'normal dull' is unlikely.

Leah said...

Have no clue what my IQ is, my highest degree is an AA in textile design.
Something tells me we could talk for hours about a myriad of topics.
As for managing money, I solved that one by marrying someone who is really good at that.

Anonymous said...

Rodrigo, are you related to Rodrigo DEL Jamon, my cousin?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...