Sunday, May 09, 2010

Gettin' old, cont.


Had dinner with my friend G last night and the young woman who was our waiter had quite striking eyes. I said to her that I hoped she would not mind if I told her that she had eyes like Lena Horne. Who? she said. I thought it was the noise in the restaurant, so I repeated more loudly, Lena Horne. She asked, Who's that?

_____________________

PS. I just checked. She's still alive. 92.

PPS. I just found out (11 pm on Sunday May 9) that she has died today. Strange coincidence.

4 comments:

Puntish Wisdom said...

"Gettin' old, cont." is the way to go.
"Gettin' old, discontinued" can be a drag.

Anonymous said...

A superannuation awareness moment for me was recently learning that one can no longer safely expect the younger hirees at the job to read notes written in cursive.

--Nathan/LightSnake

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Scary but true:

http://tiny.cc/epr52


--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...