Friday, August 27, 2010

Amen, Andrew!

His preface:
"Whenever I am told I must be tolerant of other people’s religion, I always wonder, well, which tenet of their religion do you mean? A religion, after all, is a system of beliefs and to say that all beliefs are equally worthy of tolerance is to say, essentially, that ideas don’t matter at all. It’s nonsense of the purest ray serene.

For instance, I always try not to burn or behead those who hold different views on transubstantiation than I do – though there are days when it’s difficult, believe you me. But if, like those Westboro Baptist clowns, you turn up at a US soldiers’ funeral claiming he deserved to die because America tolerates homosexuality and “God hates fags,” then you have been un-friended by me, brother. Because your beliefs suck.

So with a group of Muslims cruelly and despicably determined to raise a triumphalist mosque near the site of the Islamist atrocities of 9/11 in New York, the question naturally occurs: Does Islam suck?"




I love this guy. Andrew Klavan, not the imam. HT to FB friend Leah.

While I'm at it. I remember years ago commiserating with a lesbian colleague at how hard it was to be a lesbian just because you had an erotic attraction to women. Being lesbian was a whole-cloth political and social attitude makeover. She just got hot for other girls, but to join the club you had to sign the whole Loyalty Oath. I idyllically pointed out that it was easier to be gay because we didn't care about politics very much, just sex. Well, did I speak too soon. Gays have now been totally lesbianized.

To the hordes of Stepford homos who march in lefty lockstep, full of fear and loathing for Ken Mehlman, but staunchly standing with their oppressed Muslim brothers and sisters on the Ground Zero mosque issue, Andrew has provoked this thought in me: wouldn't it be cool and very First Amendmenty if the Westboro Baptist Church opened up a branch down the street from where Matthew Shepherd was beaten to death?

Do you get it? Do you get it, you stupid pink sheep?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H. L. Mencken.

- Trevor in Portland

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...