Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In the nick

...well, nickel of time...well, actually 12 bucks of it. Nick of time?

Clarity about some things is sometimes balanced by idiocy on others. I went out for lunch today. Had an exceptionally good Mexican meal at Chilango on Church Street. And when the bill came, discovered I'd left the house sans wallet, sans cash.

I called Thom, who, luckily, was just about to leave the house with the car. So he had Herschel pop in on the way and give me the 12 bucks for lunch.

I told the waiter, who might also be an owner?, that I had to call a friend to bring money, that I had forgotten my wallet, that I'd be there a bit longer til he arrived. He told me he'd buy me lunch and I could pay him back! A trusting man.

Nice lunch. Nice friends. Nice waiter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...