Saturday, October 30, 2010

Speaking of dudes

While I was working out at the gym today, I heard a "hello" behind me and looked around to see D.  He and I have a casual chat relationship. He's in his mid-forties, about 5'10", with a nice-looking, strong and open MidWestern face and he is an impressive mesomorph. His condition goes up and down, but lately he has worked on losing fat and working hard. And today, against gym rules, he decided to take his shirt off. Cut muscle and fur as far as the eye can see. We chatted briefly in our usual How's Life, Nice Weather kinda way.

When I went to the locker room to leave later on, he had just come from the sauna and was buck naked. The dude is also impressively hung. While I'm washing up a bit, more chit chat. He is usually more reticent. I decide that he likes his latest incarnation and wants to show it off.  He's got a lot to show off, from head to toe, front to back.

But the odd things is that D is not a very interesting guy. In my chats with him over the years, I always find myself having to work at finding something to say. And although he is a nice fella, with no attitude, he kinda bores me. So, against all logic, I find him pleasing to look at, but nothing more.

What's wrong with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er...does it have to be something wrong with you? Maybe the guy is rather boring...most people are made of 75% Boron.

--Nathan

PNWReader said...

The point of eye candy is that it's "empty calories" -- attractive, but not a steak dinner. Nothing wrong wit you that you can't make an M&M into filet mignon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...