Friday, January 07, 2011

Damn

Came home from a very pleasant evening out with Thom and turned on the TV and on comes that damned scene in Open Range when Charlie proposes to Sue. So damned romantic. Gets me every time.

From 2:02:20...



Charlie:I'm in love with you, Sue.
Been that way since I first laid eyes on you.
Just took me a while to see things clear.
I know I'm not the kind of man
you expected to walk up your front walk.
If I was your brother, I wouldn't choose me for you.
Sue:Charley...
Do you know how old I am?
Charley:Don't care how old you are.
Sue:I'm not a girl anymore.
Charley:You're the handsomest woman I ever saw.
Sue:
I've had my disappointments, Charley.
Charley:Well, I'm not gonna be one of them.
I never thought I'd live as long as I have, Sue.
I guess living the way I have, it never really mattered.
But thinking I was never gonna see you again was maybe...
Was maybe the most awful feeling I ever had in my life.
I know I can be a good husband to you.
And I know I ain't asked you proper.
But I'm asking you now.
Will you marry me, Sue?
Sue:
Charley.
Yes.
I'll marry you.
Charley:And can I kiss you?
(They kiss)
I'm gonna give you a thousand of these before I'm done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...