Thursday, March 17, 2011

Alas

One of the finest lookin fellas on one of my favorite websites --one of the many highly attractive men in Vancouver-- is, alas, an idiot. Intellectually lazy and self-congratulatory. Totally typical.
From his profile:
 I don't beleive in tolerance but rather acceptance when it comes to issues like sexual orientation, race, religion, age etc.  It is not the position of one group of people to "tolerate" another like some annoying occurance. While I may not understand other cultures I do not judge others based on my own beliefs. My only prejudices are against predjudice itself and the ignorance by which prejudice is born.
Translation: I believe in acceptance of other groups except when that other group does not accept what I do.
I do not judge others based on my own beliefs...except when I judge them to be prejudiced and ignorant.
I am accepting and non-judgmental except when I am not.

Do these people not listen to themselves?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Keepin it unreal is what it's all about"?

Anonymous said...

Muhammad could drive an 18-wheeler truck through this "except": »I do not judge others based on my own beliefs...except when I judge them to be prejudiced and ignorant.«

Anonymous said...

BTW, all due respect for dhimmis who point to Islam's ambivalent tolerance for Jews and Christians qua people of the book. But has any feminist given thought been given to the fate of Wiccans under Sharia?

Perhaps even 3D cast crucifixes and other Christian statuary will have to be replaced with flat 2d ikons, as in the East where pressure from Islam seems to have been a factor vs 3D crucifixes.

Anonymous said...

Ordinary atheists and agnostics will have to convert to Islam, but we don't need to worry about secular humanists, though, because apparently there never have been any. It was a mere figment of rightwing paranoids that "secular humanists" set the valuational agenda for public schools, Hollywood culture, etc.

Perhaps lessons from the reign of the Moghuls in India can be used for dealing with Hindu Indians in the neo-Islamic West.

But I suppose the spiritual imagery of indigenous Indians can't expect toleration. Fortunately, totem poles etc are for museums nowadays because most native peoples in North America are Christians, that is, "colonized" people of the book. Paleface anthropologists won't be happy campers, though, when indijimus idols meet with Aufhebung.

Leah said...

As long as he post photos you enjoy, just skip those pesky words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...