Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Read globally, posted locally

I will be taking down my RevolverMap widget, the revolving globe in the left column. The widget used to let me know which posts were being accessed, which was very interesting. Now they only give the place and time. So I am bidding RM farewell. It was fun.

It's been up for over 6 months and has clocked over 20,000 visits to ExCathedra since then. Two-thirds come from the USofA, but a total of 150 countries have had readers...or if I check the old stats, lookers. My "naked men" entries are more popular than my insightful opinions and deathless prose. The penis, it turns out, is mightier than the pen.

Most informative site was the French colony of Reunion...never heard of it...a volcanic island off the east coast of Madagascar, population 800K. Did you know that in 2005-06 over a quarter of the population was felled by a mosquito-born disease, chikungunya, which provides two days of high fever, followed by intense longer-lasting joint pain? Or that this island has had the most intense rainfall ever record on the planet...6 feet of rain in a 24 hour period in 1952...and in 2007, 13 feet in 72 hours?


Anyhow, here's a cumulative shot of the sources for ExCath hits.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...