Thursday, February 02, 2012

Unintended outcome, Exhibit 5c

For about the last two months or so, I have wound up sleeping mostly every night on the couch in my living room. It started from falling asleep watching Netflix on my big (32") screen TV. And in the winter, the living room, which is right next to the kitchen, is warmer and quieter than the bedroom out in front, with its single-pane bay window facing the north and the street. I have a comforter and pillows piled neatly in a corner, and the couch is L-shaped, so one side is quite long and rather wide.

I realized that I actually sleep more soundly on the couch. I don't toss and turn. And I hardly ever wake up in the middle of the night. I get about 7 or so hours, right through.

And, I realized yesterday that my lower back doesn't hurt all the time. I was so used to the low-grade ache that I hardly noticed when it went away. But gone it is.

Unintended outcomes aren't always bad.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear your back is back. Is it that the couch is firmer or softer than the bed? Or is it the quality of the room (sound, warmth) making for deeper and more restorative rest?

Tangenting sleep stuff ... I always sleep with a white-noise or similar sound-thing, and a woolen cap on my head pulled down half my face.

--Nathan

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear your back is back. Is it that the couch is firmer or softer than the bed? Or is it the quality of the room (sound, warmth) making for deeper and more restorative rest?

Tangenting sleep stuff ... I always sleep with a white-noise or similar sound-thing, and a woolen cap on my head pulled down half my face.

--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...