Friday, May 18, 2012

Pointier and pointier

Although my store of recondite ephemera is not as vast as my friend jpnill's, whose Abraham Abulafia-like comments often leave me feeling as uneducated as a Democrat, I do have quite a lot of intellectual dust littering the byways of my brain. Yesterday was proof.

I made my first Wikipedia entry. I corrected the caption of a picture in an article about Armenian monasticism. You don't want to know. Although if you do.

And while brushing up on the latest arguments over the rite of adelphopoiesis, I found a site with this on it:
N'eo ket sklaer hag-eñ e talveze da unaniñ daou zen a vage karantez an eil ouzh egile evel un doare unaniezh heñvelrevel pe evit unaniñ daou vignon pe div vignonez.

I recognized the language.





Under Pol Pot, I would not have lasted ten seconds.

_____

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Under Pol Pot, then, you would have been sitting pretty! No long-drawn-out Killing Fields procedures etc, no starvation and forced labour in liberation-theology re-education camps in Nebraska or Saskatchewan, no "special treatment" by medical cadres.

As I used to say at R. College, "It's good to be first-round draft choice for assassination after the Revolution" -- or, better yet, even during the Revolution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...