Friday, August 17, 2012

The One and the Many



I was roundly castigated the other day for an impolitic comment I made at a site for gay conservatives. Two fellas, a Canadian and an Australian, found my attitudes "despicable". This was because I advocated looking at the behaviors of groups rather than individuals. That, I was told, was "leftist", "unnecessary" and "low road."



As much as I appreciate the libertarian sense for the primacy of the individual and his freedom as a contribution to conservatism, it suffers from the general libertarian flaw of being too theoretical for the real world and ideologically blind to the massive power of groups in human life: the role of culture and the human drive for group status.

Even the Great Man theory of history assumes that these Great Men have the loyalty or at least cooperation of groups. No dictator can function without his gang. Otherwise he's just a solitary crank, like Ex Cathedra.

To further annoy my critics, I sent them a little blurb about Karl Marx's theory of mystification. I learned about this in seminary. Yes, indeed, in seminary. ( Marx was not wrong about everything. As my cranky old Russian Orthodox professor admitted, religion is the opium of the people.)
Marx used the concept of mystification to mean a plausible misrepresentation of what is going on (process) or what is being done (praxis) in the service of the interests of one socioeconomic class (the exploiters) over or against another class (the exploited). By representing forms of exploitation as forms of benevolence, the exploiters bemuse the exploited into feeling at one with their exploiters, or into feeling gratitude for  (unrealized by them) their exploitation, and, not least, into feeling bad or mad even to think of rebellion.
 If you look at race in America --in the whole West, actually-- you can see that it is an exercise in mystification that goes by the name of multiculturalism and civil rights. Liberal Whites lull themselves into believing that their pious and self-congratulatory notions of brother/sisterhood and equality and color-blindness are what actually determine the shift in race discourse, law, power and status. As my definition of liberalism maintains, it is actually about replacing the traditionally dominant groups with new ones. It far closer to Zero Sum than Win Win.

The original post on the site complained that conservatives were always getting framed as racists. The reason is clear. Despite its fecklessness, the Republican Party is the only mainstream one that (covertly, no overtly) cares anything at all for the status, power and wealth of American Whites. The Democrats, even if numerically dominated by Whites, is the party of the Left, driven by anti-White multiculturalism, anti-male Feminism and anti- producer Redistributionism. It is the party of unmarried women, Blacks and Latinos, gays, Jews, union and government workers (and Asians and Muslims), all of whom vote democrat in numbers ranging from majority to massive. My point was that the Republicans were in fact the only place left in mainstream politics for White males (and their wives) who make their own money. And that group is demographically heading for minority status...which is never a good thing for a group.

I opined that since this really was a conflict --on my darker days, a war-- between the Founding Peoples and the Coalition of Victims, I was clear and conscious about where my stake lay, as a White male who makes his own money (laughably little though it be). I pointed out that in multicultural paradise, the ONLY group forbidden to be aware of itself except on its knees, is Whites: and White men particularly.

If all the other groups could be aware of, speak and act specifically in favor of, their groups, it was about time that we Whites did the same.

For this, I was cast as...oh, the pity...a racist. And as Old Joe Biden would have it, y'all know what I think of that scam.

My ethically superior pals accused me of lowering myself to the same level as liberals and leftists, "dividing" people into groups so they could be manipulated. Well, boyz, that's how the world works. The racial pacifists reminded me of people who refuse to see that, even if they are not at war with Islam, Islam is at war with them.

Whites, the most foolish people on the planet. ©







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...