Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stats

I started Ex Cathedra in December 2006. Blogger started keeping statistics on it in May 2008.

According to Blogger, I have uploaded 2900 posts and have had 260,000 hits. Just last month, they tell me it was over 13,000 (and my own are not counted.)
But these are not the posts I made in the last month; they could be any of the 2900.

The 65 or so  posts I have made in the last 30 days have been read 642 times altogether, averaging only 20+ readers a day...so well over 12,000 of the hits are on older posts, which spread out over almost 6 years.

And Blogger stats make it clear that posts containing pictures of male pulchritude are the most popular. However, I have no idea how people find them, except that Google is the primary referral site.

I added the Feedjit Live Traffic Feed widget yesterday. It tells me every time someone "hits" one of my 2900 posts, where they are from, and sometimes which post they hit. Already, combining Feedjit and Blogger stats, I have discovered, for example, that my 3 June 2012 post on Multicultural Sensitivity in the Cannibal Community has been hit 117 times.

Makes it all worthwhile...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...