Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Democratic dynasties

The choice of Justin "Shiny Pony" Trudeau as head of the Canadian Liberals gives me an idea.



In the constitution of the Alternate Republic, there should be some kind of prohibition against these political families. If one person gets elected to a federal office, it should disqualify all his relatives for a generation or two for holding public office or appointment.

For liberals, that would mean there'd have been no GW Bush. And for me, no Teddy Kennedy.

--


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea. The thought of any politician's child entering politics makes me skittish. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had fears of modern dynasties arising. The Kennedys, the Clintons, the Bushes... I almost screamed when I heard Jeb Bush's name being thrown around for 2016. Ugh, no. If I want to worry about dueling noble houses, I'll watch Game of Thrones.

Anonymous said...

In a way, the present is worse than the past, because nachfeminismusweise, all the female relatives and wives are possible post-takers. And next there may be some pro-polygamy movement to make the dynastic families even huger...

--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...