Monday, October 07, 2013

Unsolved mystery

Back around 2006 or so, I got a phone call at home one Sunday morning from the Sheriff's Department in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.

It seems that they'd been called during the previous night when neighbors saw someone wandering around in the dark. It turned out to be an elderly woman in her nightgown, apparently suffering from dementia.

When they got her back home, on her night table they found a piece of paper with a name and a phone number on it. Mine.

I have never been to Idaho. The woman's name was completely unknown to me.

I do actually know two people who live in Coeur d'Alene. Two women, a mother and daughter I knew had moved up there. One of them is a psychologist and so I thought maybe this woman might be the patient. I tracked her down but, no, she never heard the name either.

I called the cops back a few days later --which at least proves it wasn't a prank on someone's part-- but that's all the info they had. Dead end.

That goes in the folder marked either X-File or WTF?

---


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...