Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A prime candidate

for the Forest of Gallows:




His Eminence Timothy Cardinal Dolan » The Dignity of the Human Person:

A week or so ago, I watched with shame as an angry mob in southern California surrounded buses filled with frightened, hungry, homeless immigrants, shaking fists, and shouting for them to “get out!”
It was un-American; it was un-biblical; it was inhumane.  It worked, as the scared drivers turned the buses around and sought sanctuary elsewhere.
The incendiary scene reminded me of Nativist mobs in the 1840’s, Know-Nothing gangs in the 1850’s, and KKK  thugs in the 1920’s, who hounded and harassed scared immigrants, Catholics, Jews, and Blacks.
I think of this sad incident today, the feast of New York’s own Kateri Tekakwitha, a native-American (a Mohawk) canonized a saint just three years ago.  Unless we are Native Americans, like Saint Kateri, our ancestors all came here as homesick, hungry, hopeful immigrants.  I don’t think there were any Mohawks among that mob attacking the buses of refugee women and children.

And look what happened to the Mohawks, you obese traitorous priest.

---


'via Blog this'

2 comments:

PNWReader said...

It was only 5-4 in his favor in the comments.

Anonymous said...

You know something's up when my devoutly Catholic parents are saying that Francis' election was the wrong choice.

As a way of testing the waters, I said to my mother, "I'm starting to sympathize with Martin Luther." She responded, "You may be on to something there. He should stop talking about politics and just focus on the priest stuff."

Ya think?! At this point, my not being Catholic may get a, "Good for you!" from them. We live in interesting times…

-Sean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...